Poultry & Pigeon Show Rules
- All poultry must meet the PA Dept. of Agriculture health requirements. To search for a Certified Poultry Technician in your area please go to
PDA: Poultry Technician Search
- All animals must be free of infectious and contagious diseases and external parasites.
- The state of Pennsylvania requires that all poultry shown or for sale must be Pullorum/Typhoid free. In state and out-of-state exhibitors must be tested for AI within 30 days & Pullorum within 90 days of the show date. Exhibitors with flocks on US NPIP 90 day Avian Flu Clean Flock are exempt from the 30 day requirement. If there are any questions or concerns feel free to call the show secretary at 717-377-7128.
- Entered specimens must be bona fide property of the exhibitor 30 days or longer before the opening day of the show.
- All birds entered for exhibition shall be free of external parasites.
- Lebanon Valley Poultry Fanciers will supply coops. Exhibitor will be in charge of all feedings. Shavings will be available.
- It is to be understood that there will be classes for Cocks, Hens, Cockerels, & Pullets in all breeds and varieties as listed in the Standard of Perfection.
- Coop in will be 5:00-8:00 PM on the day before the show, and 6:00-9:00 AM on the morning of. Judging will start at 9:00 AM. Release time will be after awards.
- The latest editions of the “American Standard of Perfection” of the American Poultry Association and the “Bantam Standard” of the American Bantam Association will govern poultry judging.
- The latest edition of the “Book of Standards” of the National Pigeon Association will govern the pigeon judging. Note: This will NOT be a NPA sanctioned show.
- A bird can only compete for one prize, except as provided for in special awards.
- The management reserves the right to make any alterations which may seem necessary for the success of the exhibition. Furthermore, the management reserves the privilege of refusing any entries which are not deemed desirable for the best interest of the show or those not entered on any entry blank.
- No specimen is to be handled by anyone other than the owner, judge, or show management unless permission is given by owner.
- No person shall interfere with the judge in any manner while in the performance of his/her duties as a judge.
- All rules apply to Open and Youth Shows.
- Runner duck exhibitors should have their birds number banded, as they may be judged on the run in the designated area at the judge’s discretion.